Transfer Students

Transfer Students

Find out the answers to important questions about transferring to Central Christian College of Kansas. If you have a question that is not addressed below - please contact an Enrollment Advisor who can offer further assistance.

Can prior classes from an accredited four-year bachelor’s program or two year associate’s program count as credits?

Yes. You may be able to transfer credits if you took college level courses from an accredited two-year institution or received an associate’s degree. Typically the credits transferred from another program are general education credits although you may have taken courses that count toward your major as well.

Does CCCK Online Accept Transfer Credits?

Yes. Central Christian College of Kansas Online allows you to transfer a maximum of 90 credits toward your associate’s or bachelor’s program. This generous transfer policy means:

  • Less time spent on general education courses

  • Complete your degree more quickly

  • Save money based on the number of units you transfer over

How Do I Know What Classes Will Transfer?

All credit transfers and determinations are made by the Registrar’s office. You will need an official academic transcript/transcripts and work directly with your Admissions Advisor to obtain as well as send the transcript to Central Christian College as soon as possible.

How Does CCCK Online Define a Transfer Student?

Transfer students are defined as any student who has received any college credit beyond enrollment in a dual credit or concurrent enrollment program. If such credit is less than 24 hours, the student’s high school transcript will be evaluated for scholarship awarding purposes.

How Will I Know if My Credits Will Transfer?

Transfer credits will normally be awarded if earned at a regionally accredited institution and completed with a grade of C- or better. Central Christian College of Kansas’ transcript reflects a cumulative grade point average of all courses taken at Central Christian and those that have been transferred in.

Courses awarded a P (pass) or S (satisfactory) can also be assessed for transfer credit. Courses with grades below a C- are not eligible for transfer credit. Audit (AU) courses also are not eligible for transfer credit, but can be considered by departments in association with pre-requisites or participation requirements.

Individuals looking to transfer credits to Central Christian College of Kansas Online degree may want to speak to an Enrollment Advisor especially if the individual has:

  • A degree from an accredited two-year program (ex. Associates or community college courses)

  • Taken courses at an accredited four-year institution

  • Taken courses at an approved unaccredited institution

  • Taken CLEP or AP examinations

  • Have documented Military Training  

I’m a veteran or actively serving military personnel, will courses I have taken during the time I served be accepted?

Central Christian College of Kansas recognizes the transferability of learning received as part of military training. Evaluations of military credit will adhere to the recommendations of the American Council of Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.

Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard: Individuals serving in the Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard will need to submit the following:

  • ACE Joint Services Transcript

  • Additional documentation as required

    • Air Force: Students graduating from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), with an Associate of Arts degree, will be accepted as having met the General Education requirements for graduation (such as Speech, English, and Social Science) with a maximum of 64 credits eligible for transfer. Students may still need to complete certain Christian Worldview requirements, which are not included in the General Education requirements, but are a part of the educational requirements mandated by the College.

    • Students graduating from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) with a Professional Certification will receive transfer credit, though may still need to complete certain general education requirements. Transcripts from the Air Force will be evaluated under the guidelines of Category Three.

What Do I Need To Do To Transfer Credits?

Step 1. Contact an Admissions Advisor at 1-877-299-1531.

Step 2. Your Admissions Advisor will guide you through the process of obtaining the necessary transcripts to send to CCC’s Registrar’s Office.

Step 3. Working with the Admissions Advisor,  hand in your transcripts and the Registrar’s Office will determine what courses may fulfill general education or major requirements

What if my program/school wasn’t accredited?

Coursework completed at a postsecondary institution which does not have regional accreditation can be considered on a case-by-case basis if the institution has the recognition of an accrediting agency and is recognized as Title IV eligible (as articulated by the Department of Education).

You can verify the accreditation status of an institution here. Verification of accreditation does not assure acceptance of credits. Accreditation simply allows the registrar to review the transcript. Individual courses will be reviewed and awarded credit based on comparability of subject matter, learning objectives, timeliness of enrollment (within 10 years.), and applicability of the course to the degree program.

Will my CLEP or AP test scores count as credits?

Central Christian College of Kansas awards college credits to high school students that participated in the Advanced Placement program (College Examination Board). Advanced Placement Exams are administered primarily in high schools. They are usually culminating exams for high school students enrolled in honors courses.

Students must score a 3, 4, or 5 on the exam to receive college-level credit. Credit for AP exams will be recorded on the CCCK transcript with a 37 grade of "PR". AP exams cannot be used to repeat a class already completed.

Central Christian College of Kansas recognizes prior learning credits obtained through CLEP.

College Level Examination Program (CLE exams include an assortment of different test topics and can fulfill general education and major requirements. All credit for CLEP tests is granted based on the score recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE). Credit for CLEP exams will be recorded on the transcript, with a grade of “PR”. CLEP tests cannot be used to repeat a class already completed. If the score does not meet the minimum requirements articulated by the Registrar’s office, no entry is made on the transcript.