BS in Healthcare Administration Online Degree Curriculum
This is a sample list of courses you will be required to complete for the online Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration program. To view a full list, please click below to get your program guide.
How do I apply?
Download your program guide for more details
Schedule an appointment with one of our advisors
Start your application
- Completed Application Form
- High School Diploma or GED
- Higher Education Transcript(s)
- Develop knowledge of healthcare systems in the United States in order to lead effectively.
- Enhance leadership competencies and technical proficiency in finance, marketing, human resources, information technology, strategic planning, and ethics in healthcare settings.
- Develop effective communication competencies in business and healthcare settings; learn the dynamics of working in groups and teams.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to tackle current issues in healthcare; apply concepts and theories to practice.
- Develop information literacy in healthcare disciplines.
- Understand the qualities and attributes of professionalism in healthcare settings and commitment to the Fit Four principles of the College.
“The program I am in is right in line with what I am doing right now in my career. I am seeking my BHA and I am a supervisor right now at McPherson Hospital. I want to be able to grow and help develop this hospital and be able to make that positive impact on my community here. Read full article...Jeremy's experience
Why Earn Your Online Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration?
Although having a bachelors in healthcare administration is not an absolute necessity to work in the exciting field of healthcare, it can provide you with a flexible and practical way to achieve an online bachelor's degree in healthcare administration and management that will qualify you for better jobs that are often higher paying, more interesting, as well as providing greater growth potential.
Our online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration program goes the extra mile to offer the personal flexibility that you need to grow in your healthcare career. You can transfer previous college credits and apply them toward your online healthcare administration degree, which helps you to earn your bachelors in healthcare administration faster.
Faculty who teach courses in the healthcare administration degree online program at Central Christian College of Kansas are invested in building the next class of professionals who acquire a bachelors in healthcare administration, integrating a faith-centered perspective with the realities of working in a secular society.
With an online healthcare administration bachelors degree, doors can open to healthcare roles that encourage advancement to more senior roles. These include clinical manager, outpatient care supervisor, manager of a medical practice, or positions that encompass health information management - all of which are some of the rewards of obtaining your online healthcare administration degree.
Our online BS in Healthcare Administration degree prepares students to lead and collaborate with others and ensure efficiency and safety in healthcare settings.
Earning a healthcare administration degree can provide you with the following:
- Knowledge of the past and present trends of the healthcare industry in the U.S.
- Various skills for increasing organizational efficiency within a healthcare setting
- Guidance for managing, coaching, mentoring, communicating, and collaborating with employees and stakeholders in a professional healthcare setting
- Exposure to the various aspects of a business, including finance, human resources, marketing, strategic planning, and information technology
- Familiarity with healthcare policies, ethics, regulations, practices, and laws
- CCCK’s tuition is competitive at $425 per credit hour.
- CCCK allows up to 90 transfer credits (transfer credits determined on a case-by-case basis), and your program may last anywhere from a year to four years, so tuition can vary greatly.
- 97% of our students receive some form of financial aid.
- Learn more about CCCK's financial aid options.
There are a variety of financial aid options. Some possible ways to finance your BS in Healthcare Administration program include:
- Employer Tuition Reimbursement
- Federal Financial Aid Grant and Loan Programs
Visit our financial aid page for more information.
A High School Diploma with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or GED is required to enroll in our healthcare administration program.
Learn how to work on the business side of hospitals, nursing homes, hospice centers, and more through a healthcare administration degree by gaining critical skills such as:
- History of the healthcare industry
- Organizational efficiency
- Management, mentorship, and coaching
- Finance, human resources, and strategic planning
- Marketing, communication, and IT
- Healthcare policies, regulations, practices, and laws
- Ethics and problem-solving in healthcare
Healthcare administrators work in a variety of places in the public and private sector, including but not limited to:
- Nursing Homes
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Physician Group Practices
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Medical Clinics
- Health Departments
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Health Insurance Providers
- Consulting Firms
- Food and Drug Administration
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Red Cross
- American Hospital Association
- Short-term Rehabilitation Facilities
- Post-acute Care Facilities
Yes. Central Christian College of Kansas Online allows you to transfer a maximum of 90 credits toward your bachelor’s program.
This generous transfer policy means:
- Less time spent on general education courses.
- Complete your degree more quickly.
- Save money based on the number of units you transfer over.
Yes! We will work with you to determine how your veterans’ benefits can help finance your BS in Healthcare Administration degree.
CCCK students take one course at a time, enjoying the ability to work and maintain work-life balance while studying.
- Each course is only 6 weeks long, and there are 4 courses per semester.
- The entire program can take a year to four years, depending on your transfer credits, which are determined on a case-by-case basis.
While each role has its own specifics, there are several responsibilities that healthcare administrators tend to have:
- Employee recruitment, hiring, and management
- Budgeting and financial oversight
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Implementing business strategies to ensure quality care
- Ensuring organizational safety
- Overseeing technology in the workplace
If you are a new college student, you need a high school diploma or GED to enroll in the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration online program.
Transfer students need additional credits from a two-year or four-year institution.
You may also want to consider studying healthcare administration online if you:
- Are passionate about health, quality care, and efficiency
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills
- Want to build, manage, and lead teams to achieve business outcomes
- Can both see the big picture and pay attention to the details
- Like the idea of empowering medical providers to best serve their patients
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 32% growth in Medical and Health Services Managers roles between 2020–2030. That’s 4x the average rate for all professions.
A healthcare administration degree online can pave the way to earning a higher salary. With a median salary for a Medical and Health Services manager of $104,280 per year, healthcare administration roles are part of an exciting growing sector.
The field of health services management and medical management will grow more quickly than the average of other occupations, and a 17 percent growth is projected between now and 2024. Having an online bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration is a wise choice for healthcare administration professionals seeking growth in knowledge, critical thinking skills, and remunerative rewards.
While you are working, a part-time healthcare administration degree online is one of the most convenient ways to acquire an online bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration that will prepare you for a career in:
- Medical and health service management
- Nursing home administration
- Health information management
- Ambulatory services management
- Medical practice management
- Provider network management
Consider a call with an enrollment advisor to discuss your:
- Transfer credit options
- Online, hybrid, or in-person classes
- Student support systems
- Flexibility of coursework
- Part-time or full-time
- Campus and faculty culture
- Financial aid options
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration at Central Christian College of Kansas Online can prepare you for the job you desire. Download your program guide to see if CCCK's online healthcare administration degree is right for you.
CCCK online degrees are available in most states of the United States. They are not available to residents of these states:
- New Mexico
- Washington D.C.
- North Dakota
This degree is available in all other states, including Alaska, Hawaii, and D.C.