Military Benefits

Military Benefits

Benefits Available to
  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill –  Active Duty*
  • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program (VR&E/Voc Rehab)
  • Chapter 32 Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)*
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill* (Yellow Ribbon Program)
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill –  Selected Reserve*
  • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)*
Benefits Available to
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill –  Transfer of Entitlement (TOE)
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill –  Fry Scholarship
  • Chapter 35 Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)*

*For a side-by-side comparison chart of these benefits see:

Veterans Administration

The U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) administers a variety of benefits and services that provide financial and other forms of assistance to service members, veterans, their dependents and survivors. One of these benefits provides assistance to those who are pursuing a college education. Students may contact the VA to inquire about this benefit either by phone or through the GI Bill website. Please note that Central Christian College of Kansas does not have access to VA records and are not able to identify program eligibility. For more information or to inquire about eligibility, please contact the VA directly.

Phone: 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)


Top-Up is a program that allows GI Bill participants to use the GI Bill to supplement the tuition and fees not covered by Tuition Assistance. To be eligible for the Top-Up benefit, students must be approved for federal Tuition Assistance by a military department and be eligible for GI Bill benefits.

Kansas National Guard
Educational Assistance

The Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance program is intended to provide funds for the payment of tuition and fees for enlisted members of a Kansas Air/Army National Guard unit. FuFull-timenrollment is not required. The recipient must have less than 20 years of service with the National Guard and must not already have obtained a bachelor’s degree. The application must be completed and signed by student, commander, and school official by appropriate deadlines. More information and a downloadable application are available at

Service Grant

Students whose parent or guardian died as a result of U.S. Military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after September 11, 2001, may receive increased amounts of Federal Student Aid if the student was less than 24 years old when the parent or guardian died, or was enrolled at Central Christian College of Kansas at the time of the parent or guardian’s death. There are two provisions for such students depending on the status of the student’s Pell Grant eligibility.

  1. Students, who are Pell grant eligible, but not the maximum, will be treated as eligible for the maximum Pell grant.
  2. Students who are not Pell grant eligible, and meet all other Pell grant eligibility requirements, will be eligible for the Iraq/Afghanistan Service Grant at the maximum Pell Grant rates.
Withdrawal Due to Being Called to Active Duty

Central Christian College of Kansas would encourage any student who is called up for active duty to continue their enrollment if possible. In the event that a student must or chooses to withdrawal due to a deployment, Central Christian College of Kansas will honor the student’s service by forgiving any institutional charges that are incurred as a result of their withdrawal (provided proper documentation has been submitted). Institutional charges incurred prior to a withdrawal due to deployment will be expected to be satisfied by the student.